Saturday, December 31, 2016

December 31 - Hills and Holidays

Family and Friends,

Another Saturday email, I know it´s a weird time of year and as such, things are scheduled weirdly here. As for your questions that you really need answers to, yes the See´s candy got here safely. As for New Year´s parties, they generally do a countdown and they like to send off a bunch of fireworks. I´m hoping that we see some cool fireworks this year because our back porch has a great view of the city, so we should be able to watch it all. As for free time, we almost never have free time. Usually just on P-Day, and I've taken up card games.

As for road encounters, I accidently asked a mute guy what his name was this week. That was a pretty awkward moment. Sometimes your mouth just goes on autopilot and doesn´t have any connection with your brain. There are a lot of really annoying people on the road that just walk past you and leave you there with your hand outstretched, but that´s just part of the missionary life. It feels like there are only about 300 people that actually go walking here in Itatiba, and we´ve spoken with just about all of them. 

This week one guy stopped us on the road and asked us to visit him. His name is Kevin. He was a Jehovah´s Witness until recently, and he looks like he is about 27, but he told us that he actually is only 17. It was a pretty great first lesson, so hopefully he progresses.

Tonight we are going to have a sweet BBQ (churrasco) just me and my companion. We´ve already bought the meat and the coal, now we just have to grill it up. There´s a 3 liter bottle of Pepsi waiting for us too (sorry Anthony). It should be a pretty sweet New Year´s party. It´s weird to think that next year, I go home. Sometimes it feels like I will never go back to a normal life, and that I have always been out here knocking doors and talking to crazy people. 

A challenge that we are giving to all the members here, and I guess I´ll give to you guys too, is about the new year. As everyone sets goals and makes resolutions this time of year, a good thing you can do is make a goal to become more like Jesus Christ in one way. We all know something that we need to work on. This year, let´s work on it! It will bless your life.

One more chance to sacrifice all I have!

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment