Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27th - Transfer Time

Family and Friends,

You all were able to survive one more week, so congratulations! You're doing good! Dave is a singer boy still, Gabe is a baller, and Jacob lifts heavy things. Dad stays vegan and Mom goes a little more crazy each week. Good times! I'm glad that the weather has been good for you guys, because here it has been absolutely nuts, but I'll get into that more fully a little later. 

Mom has been sending me questions every week and it's been helping out a lot. Ill give a quick recap of the week then I'll answer the questions. It sure makes my emails a lot easier to write when I don't have any ideas. 

This week we had an exchange with the Elders in Varzea. I got to work with Elder Tavares, the only other surviving missionary from my first zone. I'm getting old. Tavares and I have served in the same zone a bunch of times, so it was cool to catch up. This week transfers also came through. Elder Larkins will be leaving Jundiaí and I'll be getting a new companion. I'm not sure who it's going to be, so I'll give you details next week. It also means that we have a leadership meeting this week, and we'll be getting a bunch of new missionaries in the zone. 

You say you can cook now. Give us a good description of five things you can make. Dad thinks one of them is cereal. Prove him wrong!
I have said that I can cook, so now I have to give examples I guess. Let´s go:

1. Rice and Calabresa Stir-fry
2. Stroganoff
3. Cake
4. Pão de Queijo (A Brazilian cheese bread)
5. Various types of pasta
6. Chinese Pastels
and this list goes on. I won't say that I cook all of these things well, but I do cook them!

Did you get a chance to teach any investigators this week?
I taught a bunch of people this week. We're teaching a small family that recently moved into the city. We are teaching an older lady that spends a lot of time taking care of her grandkids too, more on her later, and I taught a bunch of other people too. It's normal to teach a lot here. The hard thing to do is to get the people to come to church.

Describe the weather in a typical day and ways you deal with it.
The weather is really varied here. At the start of this week, it was really really hot, just like all of last week and a good majority of the time we pass here. When it's really really hot, I drink a lot of water, I put on sunblock two times per day, and I generally try to keep to the shade if possible. Then, this week we had some storms from the abyss. The sky goes black, the lightning strikes, and the rain comes down so hard that even the space inside your mostly waterproof boots gets wet. Even the money in my wallet got soaked. When this happens, we hide and wait out the worst, then we get back to work. If we got really soaked, sometimes we go home and change clothes. 

Tell us how you saw the hand of the Lord in your life this week.
I saw the hand of the Lord in my life this we when when that older lady we are teaching went to church. I wasn't really expecting her to come, especially when she told us that she wouldn't be able to go, and I was sitting there in church sadly without any investigator present when a member came over. He asked me if that lady by the door was an investigator, and I realized that she had come! I promptly went and sent next to her. She had a good experience. 

Do you dream in Portuguese and do you remember any of your dreams?
I do dream in Portuguese, but I'm not really good at remembering my dreams.

Thanks for the letters and keep up the good work back home!

Have a great week!

One more chance to offer all I have!

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment