Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10 - And, after much time, a baptism!

Family and Friends,

It sounds like life is chuggin on back home. I left the house and everyone decided to start singing. Pretty soon, I´ll be the only one that isn´t in any choir. Then I think about it for a moment, and I remember that I participated in the choir here in Barão for our ward conference here a couple weeks back. Looks like I´ve been infected as well. It´s part of it all.

I´d like to give a quick shout out to the amazing bus system here in Brazil. These last couple of weeks we have been using the bus a lot, and it really is amazing how the system is set up here. There are busses for just about every single part of the city, they all pass with extreme precision and speed, and the ride is almost comfortable, if you don´t hit to many bumps. In general, Brazil is a lot more pedestrian friendly than the US. There are supermarkets all over the place, so you don´t have a huge trek to buy food, and the amazing bus system makes travel fast and economic. It´s really something cool that they have here.

This week we had a baptism! This young man´s name is João Vitor. He has been going to church faithfully for over a year. His father wouldn´t authorize his baptism because he didn´t want his son to make any rash decisions, and join a church that he would later regret. Even when it became apparent that João was serious about his decision, his dad still wouldn´t let him be baptized. A slew of missionaries had already passed by his house and tried to convince João´s dad, but we knew that this wasn´t the right tactic. Instead, we helped João Vitor grow his own faith and testimony through prayer, scripture study, and fasting. In the end, João went and talked to his father on his own. I don´t know what happened in that conversation, but his dad authorized the baptism! It was a great moment!



I´m grateful for all your support back home, and I hope you have a great week! One more chance to give all I have!

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment