Monday, September 26, 2016

September 19th - I'm a painter now!

Family and Friends,

It sounds like homecoming was a well-rounded and cool experience for the whole fam. I always enjoyed homecoming when I was still at home, especially because my class was the best ever. I´m glad that you guys all seem to be having quite a bit of success in your related activities. That´s important. You worry about your family a little bit in the mission field, but when you hear they are doing well, you feel better. 

This week we have been heavily involved in a service project that our ward has been hosting to build the house of an elderly widow here. There have been members working there almost every single day so that we can get it done in time for her to move in to the house at the end of this week. We've been working on this for quite a long time, and this week we moved on to the painting section of the work. I painted the walls for quite a long time. It was helpful that I´m such a tall guy, so I could reach all of the hard to reach bits. We´ll be heading back this week to give it the final coat of paint. It´s looking pretty good.

At the widow's house.

We had a pretty good moment this week when one of our investigators came up to us and asked "What do I need to do to be baptized?" That´s a pretty rare happening, and we got really happy when it happened. We are teaching a lot of people, but a good number of them don´t actually show any incentive or desire, so we end up cutting them. It´s really pretty awesome when someone shows the motivation to really live the gospel. Hopefully you´ll hear more about him in the coming weeks as we prepare him to be baptized.

I´m really excited this week for one more General Conference of the Church. It feels like General Conference has taken a new meaning in my life as I´ve been here on the mission. I feel the Spirit more, and I understand a lot more of the things that are said. I reccomend that all of you write up some questions that you hope to find answers to, and I assure you that you will get answers. Have a great week!

One more chance to give all I have!

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment