Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12th - Downhill Ride

Familia e Amiginhos,

I've hit the midpoint! This is the first letter of the last year of my mission. It´s a weird thought, that in less than a year I will already be back home at BYU. There are days and months that pass quickly, and others where time seems to stop. Everybody says that the second year is quicker though, so I´ll find out here in a bit.  As for you all back home, I´m really glad that Mom finally ended her many-year-long quest for a tent trailer. Even Dad wants to go camping now! They say that the mission brings blessings to the family back home, but I never imagined that this would be one of them.

It looks as though I will be spending one more transfer here in Barão Geraldo with Elder Mauricio, my greenie. We´ve been having some pretty good success here, so it´ll be good to keep up the work. I still feel as though I have work to do in this ward too, so it´s gonna be a good time. 

Mom gave me some questions, so let me hit you up with some answers. The new "apartment" isn´t even an apartment really, it´s a full on house. It´s one of the nicest houses that there is on the mission, and it has two stories, a bunch of glass furniture, a ton of space, and white tiling that gets dirty really quick. It´s by far the best place I´ve stayed here in Brazil though. In Barão Geraldo, everything is luxury. 

Speaking of which, I have three favorite places to eat here. The first is at home. I´ve actually learned to cook a few things, and it´s good to save money and time, and I actually like eating my own cooking. I know Mom´ll be suprised. When we don´t eat at home, there´s a place in the center of Barão that has a rodizio (when the waiters pass by with various foods and you choose what you want) of barbecue-style shishkebabs together with a buffet and a huge dessert table. It´s also suprisingly cheap, especially when compared to the other restaurants in Barão Geraldo. And there are a bunch of other cool restaurants here too. College towns are good that way. And the last place is a pizza place that sells a pizza with one meter in diameter. Enough said. 

This morning we had a good laughing experience. We all told our stupidest jokes on the bus to the LAN house, and everyone enjoyed that classic Cub Scout skit about the Dad and his son that bring a one man tent camping and get beaten up by a motorcycle gang. It was a good one.

As for a good experience, this week we were able to participate in the baptism of a young man named Jonathan. For his age, he´s very smart, and he´s spiritually inclined. He understood all the principles we taught him very quickly, and he knew what decision he wanted to make with his life. It was a great opportunity to teach him and get to know him. 




I've been thinking this week about my motto. As I've hit the one year mark, I´d like to change it up. I´ll be testing some until I find one I really like. This week, it´s a quote from a certain DotA character (let´s see if any of my brothers can guess who). As such, have a great week all of you! 

I´ve got one more chance to give all I have!

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment