Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3rd - The Lasts Begin

Hi Family and Friends,

Happy Birthday Gabe!! Congrats on hitting 13 years old! My youngest brother is already a teenager. I've become an old guy now. 

On the subject of becoming an old guy, this weekend marked for me one of the firsts of a long series of lasts that I will be passing through here on the mission. First comes the last General Conference, then the last Skype with my family, then I will be transfered to my last area, then I'll get my last companion, then the last week, then the last day, and then I'm home. So the lasts have started this week. Last Conference!

While we're on the subject of General Conference, we had some really, really fantastic talks this weekend. I especially liked Elder Uchtdorf's talk about fear and Elder Joaquim E. Costa's talk just for investigators. As I had a full family of investigators, in exactly that session, it felt as though the Lord had sent that talk exactly for me, exactly that day, at that exact time that I needed it. It really was a fantastic talk for all of us who are long time members to remember or learn the process that a new investigator passes through. I heavily recommend the study of this talk to all of you, my Mormon readers.

Honestly, I have very little else to say to you all this week. I've been sitting here for like 5 minutes trying to think up something cool that happened in my week. But it was really just normal. I hunted after less-active members with the ward directory. I had an exchange on Tuesday. I ate rice, beans, chicken, and eggs. I met some Tolkein fans yesterday, that was pretty cool. There's a guy in our ward who has a bunch of LoTR figurines. He plays DnD too. That was fun. And we watched general conference this weekend. We are preparing a family of 5 for baptism, hopefully they are baptized this week, and that's about it. It was a good week though. I enjoyed it at least. 

Have a great week!

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment