Monday, January 16, 2017

January 6th - C-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKER!

Family and Friends,

As you may have guessed from the title, my time it Itatiba has come to an end! No more hills after today! I have always stayed 3 transfers in the area, so I was bunkering down for six more weeks of winter (figuratively, Brazil doesn't have winter) here in Itatiba, when yesterday afternoon I received a surprise call from our President. I will be leaving Itatiba and I will become a Zone Leader! I don't know where yet, I'll find out Tuesday, but I am really excited for the opportunity. The hills have been real good for body weight and conditioning, but they've been real bad for my knees, so I won't be too sad to see them leave. 

We had a rather traumatic experience in a contact this week, when we were knocking doors and a really, really, really old lady came out. She looked like a zombie. We tried to talk with her, but she didn't understand anything and began to complain about pain! Then her care-taker showed up and explained to us that she was really old (durr), and that she can't answer the door. The old lady then hit us with the bomb, "I feel pain all the time! I just want to die! Pray for me!" We were a little shocked, but we prayed for her. Good thing we know about the Plan of Salvation. The mission ain't all fun and games.

We had a great talk in sacrament meeting this week from a member of the stake high council. He told us the story of a great warrior. As this warrior was tired of losing battles, he went and found a wise monk and asked for help. The monk gave him a box with two sides, one side to open when he loses, and the other to open when he wins. The warrior, happy and motivated, went and fought a battle. He lost. He then opened the box and found a small piece of paper. It said "Don't give up, this won't last forever". He then went and fought another battle and lost again. He read the paper once again, and it hadn't changed. "Don´t give up, this won't last forever". Then he went and fought again. This time he won! He opened the winner's box this time, and found another small paper. This one said "Don't give up, this ALSO won't last forever". We can never give up! What determines our success in life is our attitude! Have a great week!

One more chance to offer all I have.

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment