Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 28th - A Real Letter

Hi Family and Friends,

Firstly, last week´s letter was weaksauce. I know. I heartily apologize for that. But cutting the letter short really was worth it (for me). I´ll tell you more about the story in a bit. First off, I really do need to see a picture of Jacob´s hair. You keep telling me all about how awesome it is, without sending any proof. Gotta back up them words. Also, Mom, you´re not a librarian this year? When did that change? I´ve been telling all my comps that my mom is a librarian. I don´t really know how to explain a Learning Legos teacher, so I guess I´ll keep saying that you´re a librarian. 

This last week we moved houses. We still work in Barão Geraldo, but now we live in the neighboring area, Amarais. We catch the bus every day to go to and from our house. This usually works pretty well, especially because we can now use the bus to go to every single place in our huge area. It´s a good. Also, our house in Barão Geraldo was really small, and this house is giant and way nicer quality. We also live with 2 other missionaries, Elder J. Santos, and Elder Zañartu. I´m grateful for the move.

I said last week that I would visit the house of a rich guy, and I really did, 2 TIMES this week. The name of the man is Lincoln Martins, and he´s our Stake President here. He´s a multi-millionaire, and he has a house that´s giant and looks like the temple, but he´s actually a very humble and wise man. We had a Brazilian BBQ there last P-Day, and he grilled the meat himself. He has a small soccer field and a tennis court in his back yard, so we had a good time playing some sports. Then, because our lunch this Sunday was with one of the members of the Stake Presidency, we were invited once again to a special lunch in the Martins home. It was pretty incredible to watch a multi-millionaire ask each of twenty people what they wanted to drink, and then watch as he served every member of the party. It shows once again that in the Lord´s church, we are not ever called to be served, but to serve others. I got to enjoy some high society this week, but also and even higher example. 

Hopefully in these next weeks to come, we´ll have some more baptisms here, but at the moment, the baptismal font has gone quiet. We´ll keep working, and everything will work out all right. Here in a few weeks, I´ll have been out here more than a year! Who would have thought? This is my 50th letter home. Crazy. I will succeed!

Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment