Monday, February 22, 2016

Feb 22nd - His First Transfer

Hi Familia and Friends!

In terms of housekeeping, sorry about no email last week. The church got a virus and blocked all outgoing emails. I´m back now though, and I re-sent last week´s email. It should be all good now.

As for me, the big news is that I´m being transferred! After 4 and a half months here in Itajubá, I´ll be heading out tonight. Tomorrow morning I´ll find out who´s my new companion and where my new area is. I´ll give you the details next week. I´ll miss quite a few of the members here, and the other missionaries I´m with, Elder Cruz (companion), Elder Piedade, and Elder Fossum, but I´m excited to move on to a new place. I´ve got faith it will all work out. It´ll be hard to say goodbye to this town in the middle of the mountains in the south of Minas Gerais, but São Paolo, here I come! I´ll bring the Gospel to all who will listen!

This week I found some sweet deals in a store nearby that I´d like to share with you. The first pic (617) is Tony Stark with Thor´s helmet on. I don´t know what´s going on there. 


Finally, we have the New Avengers (616), featuring drugged-out Hulk, Woody with what appears to be a ring made of thorns, Ben 10 with a broken arm, and slightly messed-up Batman. Don´t even ask what the red thing is.





For a spiritual thought this week, I´ve been reading a lot about the prophet Elijah, also known as the Tishbite, (because of his hometown). One moment in particular is impressive, when he called fire from heaven to prove the power of his God, the LORD, over Baal, the false god of that time. This all happens in 1 Kings 18. Apart from being really cool, this also shows an important principle. Our God is a God of miracles, and buy His fruits, we can have a firm testimony that he exists. The Lord really acts in our lives each day, but we have to have sufficient faith, like Elijah. The Lord even burnt through the water the priests used to douse the offering. This shows that the Lord can do all things, no matter how impossible they seem for men. I know that our Father in Heaven loves us, and he can do a miracle in our lives like he did in the life of Elijah. I love you all, and I know, that with the Lord on my side, I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment